Friday 30 March 2007

A New National Anthem



Twelve of them to be precise. Of course, I speak not of good ole "God Save the Queen" but of top New York outfit The National. The hotly tipped 3rd full record "Boxer" is released on May 22nd 2007 worldwide on Beggars. I for one am VERY excited. If you get the chance to see them live I recommend you do so. They're in town (well, my town) on 22nd May at the Astoria and if you can't make that, they'll be at the Mean Fiddler promoted (read: boutique cash cow) Latitude Festival in Suffolk over the weekend of the 13-15 July.

The tracklisting for "Boxer" is as stated below:

01 Fake Empire
02 Mistaken for Strangers
03 Brainy
04 Squalor Victoria
05 Green Gloves
06 Slow Show
07 Apartment Story
08 Start a War
09 Guest Room
10 Racing Like a Pro
11 Ada
12 Gospel

A further treat can also be found here.

Don't say I'm not good to you!

No comments: